Sunday, October 18, 2009

Australia!

So far since I've been here I have:

-gotten sunburnt by laying on the beach for like 10 minutes (i'm such an Alaskan!)
-wandered around Sydney and sat by the harbour and the opera house
-eaten a lot of peanut butter and jam!
-got a free surfing lesson! and managed to stand up on the board twice in an hour! I'm going for another one tomorrow, I love it.
-Went snorkeling and saw lots of crazy looking fish
-Saw humpback whales
-done lots more laying on the beach
-visited a koala hospital where they take care of koalas that have been burned in forest fires, hit by cars, or attacked by dogs
-went to a wildlife park and got to pet a koala and feed a kangaroo (or maybe a wallaby, I'm not positive)
-drank lots of iced coffee and people watched

I am LOVING it here! I'm sad I only have a couple weeks but it just means that I have to come back someday. Can't believe I leave on Thursday, it's sort of blowing my mind really. I'll be getting back to Seattle exactly 8 months after I left. I can't wait to see anyone but I am so sad to be in the cold again....! :(

More beach time tomorrow!

1 comment: