Saturday, August 22, 2009

"i'm not gay, i just want to touch your nipple"

Woowwwww, what a crazy week it's been. Bus tour is turning out to be amazing, made some fantastic friends through it and had an absolutely hilarious week. Did some hiking in Abel Tasman National Park (beautiful golden beaches), went to a Monteith's Brewery Tour (they make my favorite NZ beer, flavored with lemon and lime), where they basically told us: "you have 40 minutes. drink as much as you can." haha. ridiculous night, that was. Carved a bone necklace in Hokitika. Went to Franz Josef and did a 7 hour guided hike on the glacier, through ice caves and crevasses. Had the most amazing night ever in a tiny little town called Makarora with my tour mates (that's where the subject quote come from...one guy saying it to another). Now I'm in Queenstown and I'm couch surfing here for the next 4 or 5 days or so, before heading to Wanaka to meet up with some friends of a friend of a friend, who I think might actually be throwing me a party to welcome me. Haha. Maybe they just want an excuse for a party. Queenstown is basically the adrenaline capital of NZ---anything you can possibly imagine to get your blood pumping is done here. Today we went to the site of the very first commercial bungy jump in the world, and at the last minute my friend and I decided to go. I hadn't wanted to do it before today but once I got there and saw everyone doing it, I just decided and pressured her into going with me. So we jumped 43 meters (quite small, actually) together over the river and dunked in the top half of our bodies. It was amazing. And I'm going to go skydiving again on Thursday with 3 people from my group. I shouldn't because I really can't afford it but I can't help it, I lovvveeeed it and I just want to go all the time.

Best week ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment